Constructions (War Wind II)
The following objects can be built by workers of any faction and placed as part of the terrain. Each requires Resources as well as a certain amount of skill to build. The descriptions below contain the necessary requirements for construction.
Walls[edit | edit source]
These are constructed obstacles which land units have to breach or move around. Walls can be used as town perimeters or lines of defence at key strategic points. They are immovable once placed. Either type of wall costs 50 Resources per section built.
- Defensive Walls (Barricades): Sturdy barriers made from natural materials such as rock and wood. A unit must have a Building skill level two to build a defensive wall.
- Offensive Walls (Electric Fences): Thesewalls are constructed for improved defence against invading forces, Creating a line of harmful energy fields. Units can pass through offensive walls, though this inflicts significant damage. A unit must have a Building skill level of three to build an offensive wall.
Roads[edit | edit source]
Roads may be built along heavily travelled routes to modify the movement rates of troops. Blast weapons damage roads and transform them to open terrain for the purposes of movement. Either type of road costs 25 Resources per section built.
- Human Roads: A unit must have a Building skill level of one to build a human road. In addition, only the Descendant and Marine factions can build human roads.
- Yavaunian Roads: A unit must have a Building skill level of one to build a Yavaunian Ioad. In addition, only the S.U.N. and Overlord factions can build Yavaunian roads.
Bridges and Control Bridges[edit | edit source]
These structures allow troop movement over terrain features such as rivers with out the aid of amphibious or airborne vehicles. Bridges and control bridges are capable of being destroyed. Therefore they become objects of dispute as factions battle for control of territory.
- Bridge: A unit must have a Building skill level of one to build a bridge. Bridges cost 200 Resources per section built.
- Control Bridge: A unit must have a Building skill level of two to build a control bridge. Unlike regular bridges that remain fixed in place, these bridges are retractable. They can be used to allow friendly units to cross over and deny passage to enemy units. Click on a control bridge square to retract that bridge section. Control bridges cost 1000 Resources and two Butanium per section built.
Trip Mines, Player Activated Mines, Security Alarms[edit | edit source]
- Trip Mines: A unit must have a Construction skill level of three to build a trip mine. These are fixed, hidden explosive devices that cause great damage to any unit that passes over them. It costs 500 Resources and One Butanium to build.
- Remote Mines: A unit must have a Construction skill level of two to build a Remote Mine. These mines are fixed and hidden like trip mines. However, Remote Mines require that the unit who placed the mine also remain nearby to detonate it on command. It costs 250 Resources to build.
- Security Alarms: Alarms have a visual range of eight squares. Any enemy within that range causes the alarm to sound, no matter what the unit's Stealth levelis. A unit must have a Construction skill level of one to build a security alarm. It costs 200 Resources to build.
- Bombs: S.U.N. troops require a Construction skill level of three to build a bomb, all other factions only require a Construction skill level of two. Bombs are explosive devices that may be carried and set to explode on a short fuse. In order to use a bomb correctly, a unit must have Bomb Planting ability (see page 67 under Skills). It costs 500 Resources to build.