|“||There are not many who appreciate the knowledge accumulated by those obscure, unseen investigators who, in lifetimes of intensive study, may never see any practical use for their findings, but who go on nevertheless, seeking answers to the unknown. They, however, do no more than lay the foundation. Only We of the High Council are wise enough to see how Research may be applied to further the glory of the Empire||„|
|~ Tha'Roon Prime Minister of Death|
Units perform Research so that the clan may acquire the ability to advance units into certain rankings, acquire bio-upgrades, and learn spells. Research is done in War Colleges, Arcaneries, and Technical Facilities. Any unit which received its training in a particular type of building can perform Research in that type of building. The results of Research are up to chance. A unit does not Research for a particular spel or ability, but performs "Research" in general. The results of the Research are then made available to the clan.
Tha' Roon Research[edit | edit source]
- Academy: A Rogue can Research an Assassin, while an Executioner can Research a Destroyer.
- University: A Psychic can Research all LOW Level Spells plus the ability to train a Psionic. A Tha'Roon Psionic can Research LOW and High Level Spells.
- Laboratory: All Tha' Roon units, with the exception of the Rover and Jump Troop, can Research Bio-Upgrades in a Laboratory. A Tha' Roon Architect can Research Land Mines, Barges, Cruisers, Jump Troops, and Flying Drones in a Laboratory.
Obblinox Research[edit | edit source]
- Military Base: An Obblinox Agent can Research a Spy in a Military Base,
- Cathedral: An Obblinox Sorcerer can Research all LOW Level Spells plus the ability to train a Warlock. An Obblinox Warlock can Research LOW and High Level Spells.
- Garage: All Obblinox units, with the exception of the Biker and Colossus, can Research Bio-Upgrades in a Garage. An Obblinox Engineer can Research Barges, if a Truck has been built, an Engineer can Research Cruisers, Flying Drones, and the Obblinox Colossus.
Eaggra Research[edit | edit source]
- Garrison: An Eaggra Squire can Research a Knight in a Garrison,
- Conservatory: An Eaggra Druid can Research all Low Level Spells plus the ability to train an Arch Druid. An Eaggra Arch Druid can Research LOW and High Level Spells,
- Plant: All Eaggra units, with the exception of the Weed and Grenadier, can Research Bio-Upgrades In a Plant. An Eaggra Artisan can Research Cruisers, Grenadiers, and Flying Drones.
Shama'Li Research[edit | edit source]
- Outpost: A Shama'Li Disciple can Research a Grand Master in an Outpost. A Shama'LiDefender can Research a Templar in an Outpost. A Shama'Li Designer can Research Land Mines in an Outpost.
- Temple: A Shama' Li Initiate can Research a Defender in a Temple. A Shama'Li Shaman can Research the Personal Vision Quest Spell in a Temple. A Shama'Li Guru can Research the Summoning Spell in a Temple.
- Guild House: All Shama'Li units, with the exception of the Cavalier and Elemental, can Research Bio-Upgrades and Bridges in a Guild House. A Shama'Li Designer can Research Barges in a Guild House.